SDM full form: Sub Division Magistrate.
The SDM full form is Sub Division Magistrate. How candidates become IAS, IPS like that in the same way SDM can become. IAS, IPS exam conduct by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission), and the SDN exam conduct by State Level PSC.
Different states have different exams name: (sdm full form in the exam in different state)
- BPSC – Bihar Public Service Commission
- UPPSC – Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission
- JPSC – Jharkhand Public Service Commission
- MPSC – Maharashtra Public Service Commission
- RPSC – Rajasthan Public Service Commission
Qualification for SDM Exam:
The candidate from any stream can apply for the PSC exam for SDM, any streams like B.A, B.SC, B.com, engineering, agriculture, medical, etc. The main condition for the SDM exam is a pass in graduation. it is not compulsory that the candidate should be from the same state of the state exam.
Age limit for SDM Exam:
For becoming SDM the minimum age limit is 21 years and the maximum age limit is 40 years.
- General Category the minimum age is 21 and the maximum 40 years.
- OBC category the minimum age is 21 and the maximum age is 45 years.
- SC/ST category the minimum age is 21 and the maximum is 45 years.
- PWD category the minimum age is 21 and the maximum is 55 years.
Percentage Requirement for SDM full form:
The passing percentage of graduation is the percentage requirement of the SDM exam. The main condition is candidate must pass the graduation.
There are two ways to become SDM that is SDM by PSC and SDM by UPSC Exam.
Exam stages of SDM by PSC exam:
There are three stages for qualifying SDM exam that are given below:
The candidate has to pass three stages for becoming SDM.
Prelims stage: (First round)
The prelims exam consists of 2 general studies.
1. General studies (1)
2. General studies (2)
General studies (1): Total questions are 150 and total marks are 200. The candidate has to complete all questions only in 2 hours.
General studies (2): Total questions are 100 total marks are 200. 2 hours will get for completing the total 100 questions.
- The prelims exam has negative marks. on every wrong answer, 1/3 marks are deducted.
- The questions asked in the general paper (1) questions are related to current affairs, Indian history, economics, Indian Politics and governance, general science, and social development.
- In the general paper (2) questions ask related to mathematics, reasoning, English, and Hindi.
** Candidate has to get a 33 per cent mark for qualifying mains exam. **
Mains (second round):
In the mains total of 8 papers are there and every question paper has three hours of time to complete all questions in the paper.
Total Eight papers:
- General Hindi
- General studies 1
- General studies 2
- General studies 3
- General studies 4
- Optional subject paper 1
- Optional subject paper 2
- General Hindi has 50 questions that questions related to grammar.
- Essay writing has three sections. Each section has three questions, the candidate has to write only one question out of three questions which 700-word counts. The candidates have to attempt a total of 3 questions out of 9.
- In general studies have 4 papers. Each paper has 200 marks. Questions ask in general studies 1,2,3 that are related to Indian history, economics, World geography, disaster, current affairs, etc.
- Questions ask in general studies 4 that are related to ethics.
- Optional questions have two papers, the candidate has to select only two subjects out of 29 subjects. The 20 subjects are given below:
|Agriculture||Physic & veterinary||Political science||Medical science|
|Zoology||Sanskrit literature||Sociology international||Civil engineering|
|Animal husbandry||Management||Public administration|
Interview (third round):
Qualified in the mains exam candidates have to go to the interview section. The interview consists of 200 marks. Questions asked in an interview that is related to candidates, general questions, and subjects related.
Training before SDM exam:
Candidates who completed all the papers in prelims, mains, and interviews. Institution of Public Administration and Rural Development conducted a training session the explain how to manage work for the candidate on SDM post.
Salary of SDM post:
Every state has a different salary for the SDM post. The average salary can be given between 56000 to 1 lakh per month. The Alliance and grades are not included in the salary like house rent, car driver, phone bills, security, transport, servant, etc.
Strategy for SDM exam:
- Candidate has to focus on the syllabus, general studies, current affairs, newspaper (current condition of the country).
- For more information candidates have to see the interview of toppers of last year.
- The select subject in which the candidate feels favorite and interesting subjects.
Difference between SDM and DM:
|SDM Full Form is Sub Division Magistrate||DM Full Form is District Magistrate|
|There are two ways to become the SDM UPSC Exam 2. PCS Exam Graduation is a requirement for applying for the SDM exam||DM post become when government promote SDM Promotion from SDM to DM (It will take 5-6 years if you come from the UPSC exam)Promotion from SDM to DM (it will take 12-15 years if you come from PSC state)|
|The average salary is 56,000 – 1 lakh||Average salary is 78,000 – 1,18,500|
|SDM works under the DM||The DM manage or control the ADM and SDM|
|Tehsildar works under the SDM||DM manage ADM and ADM manage the SDM|
Work of SDM:
- SDM manages the SC/ST category certificate works
- Marriage certificate related works
- Property related works and more.
The SDM full form available in different fields like business, education, and more. Go through the FAQs related to the SDM Full Form
FAQs in SDM Full Form:
Is tehsildar and SDM are same?
How do I become SDM?
1. The candidate can write the union public service commission (UPSC) exam to become SDM.
2. The candidate can write the public service commission (PSC) to become SDM. It is a state-level exam.
Difference between SDM by UPSC and SDM by PSC?
2. SDM by PSC: it is a state-level exam. If the candidate becomes SDM after 12-15 years SDM candidate is promoted to the DM post.
The main difference between these two is the duration of the promotion of SDM to DM.
Conclusion of SDM Full Form:
We hope you guys understand the SDM full form and other concepts like qualification, age limit, syllabus, strategy, how to become SDM, salary, and more. If this information SDM Full Form is helpful to you then let us know in the comment section.
5 thoughts on “SDM Full Form | How to become SDM in 2 best ways?”
Pingback: DSP Full Form | how to become DSP? - View Full Form and More
Pingback: What Is The ISC Full Form In English? | 4 Skills To Crack ISC
Pingback: CFI Full Form In English | 4 Top Different Categories
Pingback: GATE Full Form | How To Crack The 3 Toughest Exam(Gate)
Pingback: IEEE Full Form In English| Best 4 Especially Focus Subjects
Comments are closed.