The LED full form is Light Emitting Diode. LED is a two-lead semiconductor light source. Light Emitting Diode is a PN-junction diode that emits light when it open.
It is a necessary electronic device because it consumes less electricity compared to others due to that most of the people use LED light nowadays.
LED is mostly used in electronic test equipment like TV, calculator, refrigerator, vehicles, watches, etc.
How LED works?
When the stable voltage is passed through it, the electrons recombine with electrons holes and release the energy in the form of photons. This effect is known as electroluminescence.
LED light color is determined by the energy bandgap of the semiconductor.
LED light lamps are very energy efficient, economical, and long-lasting. If we compared to other bulbs it safe almost 80% energy.
History LED full form:
- The phenomenon was discovered in 1907 by the British experimenter H.J Round of Maronic Labs with the help of a crystal of silicon carbide.
- First LED was invented in the year 1927 by the Russian inventor Oley Losev.
- The first Blue-Violet LED was made at Stanford University in the year 1972 by Herb Maruska and Wally Rhines.
Advantages of LED:
1) Energy Efficient:
- LED required less energy compared to other lights.
- light Emitting Diode does not produce heat.
- It does not produce buzzing and flickering.
2) Environmental Friendly:
- Light Emitting Diode is not toxic. LED does not contain mercury, lead, or calcium.
3) long life:
- LED work can be work for a long time with fewer maintenance costs.
4) Maintenance and Safety:
- It needs very little maintenance costs.
- It is very easy to recycle.
- LEDs can emit different light colors without any color filter.
7) Cool light
8) Slow failure
9) Shock resistance
10) Small size
- Temperature dependence
- Voltage sensitivity
- Color rendition
- Area light source
- Light pollution
- Use in water conditions
FAQs Related to LED Full Form
What is the long-form of LCD and LED?
The full form of LCD is Light Crystal Display and the full form of LED is Light Emitting diode. But technically both LCD and LED are light crystal display.
What is the meaning of the LED?
It means LEDs are versatile, energy-efficient, and durable.
How is the first inventor of the LED?
In the year 1927 Russian inventor Oley Losev has invented the LED.
Conclusion LED FULL FORM:
We hope you guys understood the full form of LED and. We have covered the topics LED full form, how LED works, advantages, disadvantages, and the history of LED. If this information helps you then let us know in the comment box.