IG Full Form:
The IG full form is Inspector General of Police. Inspector-General of Police is a senior police officer in the Indian police department. After 19 years of continuous service in the department as an IPS then promoted to the IG post. IG designation refers to a large area command of the police.
The responsibility of the Inspector general is for the entire administration management of police and command over the national police service as per the national legislation. He exercises his powers similar as regarding appointments, bulletins, elevations and suspense in agreement with the instructions and rules notified or provided by the Govt. Besides this, as per the police law act, 1861, the IG of police has the full power authority of a Magistrate throughout the general police- quarter, still, this power authority may differ as per the limitation assessed by the state government.
The candidate who are interested to become IG, that you have written the UPSC exam, after clearing the exam you will become IPS, after the 10 to 14 years of work experience (depending on your performance as an IPS) then promoted to IG level. One a single four years is appointed and can’t be appointed again.
How to become an IG officer:
They are two ways to become IG
- Through passing UPSC exam
- First you have clear UPSC exam and become an IPS officer.
- After becoming IPS officer depending on your, you will be promoted as SP officer.
- SP is promoted to DIG depending on your job experience).
- Then DIG is promoted to IG after 3 years.
- Through State PCS exam
- When you clear the state PCS exam, you will become DSP.
- DSP promoted to SP after the 10–15 years depending on the experience in Job.
- SP promoted to DIG after 14 years
- Then DIG post as a 3 year then promoted to IG
Duties and Responsibility of IG:
- IG may control and device instruction to DIGs and SP of his range area to be aware and not to supersede one another in their assigned functions
- IG can take the control the DIG and SP range area depending on the situation or emergency.
- He can maintenance the responsibility of discipline over on all officers on all designation and pay attention on armed reserve for high level efficiency at work.
- Inspector general have authority or power to have information related to the serious cases which is misconduct of officer in the range area.
Abbreviation of IG Full Form:
|IG Full Form||Category|
|Air Italy||Airline Codes|
|Irish Guards||Security & Defence|
|Insulated Glazing||Architecture & Constructions|
|Internet Group||Companies & Corporations|
|Imperial Gallon||Measurement Unit|
|Information Given||General Business|
|Imperial Guard||Military and Defence|
|Investment Grade||Stock Exchange|
|Image Galleries||Companies & Firms|
|Information Gain||Military and Defence|
|IGI, Inc.||AMEX Symbols|
|Interessen Gemeinschaft||Companies & Firms|
|Implementer’s Guide||Computer and Networking|
|Interoperability Group||Computer and Networking|
|Generic Interface Source (module-3)||File Type|
|Inertial Guidance||Space Science|
|Insert Graphic||Computer Assembly Language|
|Index Generation||Database Management|
|Infinitesimally Generating||Physics Related|
|Investors Gold||Stock Exchange|
|IG full form||Category|
Conclusion of IG full form:
The IG full form is Inspector General. Inspector-General of Police is a senior police officer in the police department. After 19 years of service in the department as an IPS then promoted to the IG post level. IG designation refers to a large area command of the police.