In this post, we are going to learn about the CPRS full form in English and also related to the GPRS like What is GPS and GPRS means, What is GPRS on a mobile phone, What is GPRS usage, What replaced GPRS, and more information related to the GPRS.
GPRS FULL FORM: General Packet Radio Service
The GPRS Full Form is General Packet Radio Service. General Packet Radio Service is a packet-oriented wireless data communication service for people on mobile phones on 2G and 3G communication systems.
It is a new type of packet switching technology for non-voice and high-speed.
GPRS full form (working) is based on a modulation technique that modulation is known as Gaussian Minimum-Shift Keying (GMSK). For enabling General Packet Radio Service on a GSM or TDMA network, the communication system needs to add two core modules that are GPRS Service Node (GGSN) and the Serving GPRS Service Node (SGSN).
History of GPRS:
- General Pocket Radio Service was first introduced in the year 2000.
Benefits of GPRS FULL FORM:
- GPRS provides high-speed data transfer compare to telecommunication networks. It provides almost three times faster than fixed telecommunication networks.
- It provides an instant connection with others and immediately transfers the data compare to others.
- GPRS provides internet applications to the mobile and also web browsing, IM messages, E-commerce, etc.
- The applications of GPRS are unique and high standard
- Easily billing
Required to use GPRS:
General Pocket Radio Service is a more advanced infrastructure compared to traditional 2G technology. GPRS as 2.5G technology.
- Service that needs GPRS modem.
- The network includes GSM and GPRS.
- GPRS aided SIM card.
- The remote location required an internet connection or a GPRS network.
Goals of GPRS:
- Open architecture
- Consistent IP address
- Same and good infrastructure with different air interfaces.
Three key features describe wireless pocket data.
- Online feature always
- Upgrade the existing system
- An integral part of future 3G.
Access Mode of GPRS:
They are two access mode of GPRS.
- Transparent Access:
In transparent access, no security/authority/authorization is required by the GGSN.
2. Non-Transparent Access:
In non-transparent access, GGSN act as a proxy for authenticating.
There are some useful Books on GPRS.
|GPRS and EDGE Engineering|
|General Packet Radio Service (GPSR)|
|GPRS and 3G wireless application|
|GSM.GPRS and EDGE PERFORMANCE|
|GPRS IN PRACTICE|
FAQs Related To The GPRS Full Form
Why GPRS use?
What is the difference between GPS and GPRS?
Whereas GPRS is used for sending the mails, video calling, message, etc. transfer fast.
What is GPRS usage?
communication: E-mail, fax, etc.
E-commerce: ticket purchasing, banking, etc.
Value-added service: games etc.
Vertical application: fleet management etc.
What are the advantages of GPRS?
Application support like
Broadcast service and
What is the speed of GPRS?
What is the full form of GSM?
Conclusion of GPRS FULL FORM:
We hope you guys understood the GPRS Full Form and also other concepts related to GPRS. If the GPRS full form is helpful to you then let us know in the comment section. GPRS topics are, What is GPS and GPRS means, What is GPRS on a mobile phone, What is GPRS usage, What replaced GPRS, and more information related to the GPRS.
1 thought on “GPRS Full Form | What Is General Packet Radio Service?”
Pingback: NRI Full Form In English | Top 7 Countries Has More NRI
Comments are closed.